Post Wax Care
- Avoid hot bath/shower, sauna, steam, hot tub, pools, beaches and exercise 24-48 hours after waxing. Sweating can carry bacteria into the pores and can irritate the skin after waxing.
- Use a cold compress to soothe the area if needed.
- For Brazilian and Manzilian waxing, sexual activity should be avoided for 24-48 hours, friction on the skin can cause inflammation.
- Don’t use products with harsh chemicals, perfumes, or dyes.
- Keep hands from touching freshly waxed skin, minimizing chances of getting irritations or small pimples.
- Use tea tree oil, lavender oil, aloe, antibiotic ointment or hydrocortisone cream if necessary
- Daily exfoliation is recommended to prevent ingrowns. You can use loofa gloves or facial scrubs to exfoliate the skin.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Avoid the sun immediately after waxing and please wear sun screen; recently waxed areas are prone to hyperpigmentation (permanent darkening of the skin) if exposed to the sun.